The Place Marketing & Branding Special Interest Group (SIG) aims to bring together researchers and practitioners working in the profession and/or interested in its development.
The Place Marketing & Branding SIG acts as a communication plattform both inside the field and cross-sectorally with other professionals in place management and development.
The Place Marketing & Branding SIG:
- collects and disseminates information on relevant news in the profession
- informs its members about upcoming events such as conferences, workshops, training etc.
- collects recent literature on place branding (books, articles, reports, case studies etc.)
- offers professional training
As a member of the Place Marketing & Branding SIG you can contribute by sharing your own news with the community. This includes:
- Recent publications – by yourself or by somebody else
- Your recent work experience
- News on upcoming events – especially if you are the organizer
In short, you can share anything you want with the community by sending an email with your news to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right not to publish information that we consider irrelevant or that serves advertizing purposes.
There are several sites that regularly publish Place Branding news. Here is a selecion of some (note: we'd be happy to add more blogs and sites to this list):
Place Marketing & Branding SIG coordinators: Prof Dominic Medway & Dr. Ares Kalandides
Place Marketing & Branding is the strategic approach to creating distinct positive associations with a place's name and sustaining these associations over time.